Saturday, November 26, 2011

pain pain go away

so i am 30 days out from my surgery - incredible!  the surgeon said i could take off my rubberbands at that point, so i did yesterday.  my jaw was happily biting clack clack clack but i still have a lot of work to do on OPENING my jaw. :)

i've been sleeping propped up with pillows because that helps me have less pain and swelling when i wake up.  in general i feel more craptastic in the morning upon rising, then i feel better during the day, then at night i feel sore from the day's talking and smiling animatedly.

disaster (exaggeration) struck last night when i was sleeping.  i woke up on my side, the one with ear pain, with my jaw joint pressed against the pillow and my mouth open.  i know my mouth was open from the extensive drool evidence.  it must have been open wider than the jaw wanted because now I am having PAIN, hardcore pain, yucky yucky pain.  opening my mouth AT ALL now brings a shooting jolt to the joint which radiates out into my ear, and i have a strong continuous ache in the eardrum and joint.

i put my rubberbands back on just to keep my mouth a little stabilized so it won't open so easily, cause this shiz is a-hurtin' bad.  NO BUENO!!!! :(  gonna pop a painkiller and rock the jawbra now.

topic-change-unrelated-to-this-blog-theme: i couldn't sleep at 12:30am on black friday and was reading an nyt article about the shopping craze.  i decided on a whim to go to best buy (really close to my apartment) to check out the madness, as i've never participated in black friday in my life.  indeed, it was a total madhouse.  i actually selected a TV to purchase and got in line because mine is super old and occasionally produces disturbing exploding-spark-noises and smoke (seriously).  but i discovered the line wrapped all the way around the perimeter of the gigantic store.  it probably would have taken a good four hours or more to get out of there.  needless to say i bailed.  i found similar prices with free shipping online later.  people i talked to at the front of the line in best buy had been camped out there since tuesday!  it boggles my mind.  add to my list that i'm grateful to have the financial means not to find it worth it to queue for hours or days to save a few bucks.

hope everyone is enjoying their t-day weekend whether you have been battling the crowds or chilling on your couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment