Friday, November 4, 2011

one week

one week since i had my surgery, one week until i go home.  look - i can sort of smile!!!


i am wearing new pajamas that i got in a surprise pajamagram from my brother jontan and his girlfriend heidi. thank you guys!

i had a follow-up appt with my surgeon yesterday.  my eardrum pain is connected to my jaw joint pain.  can't blame the poor little joint for being upset.  i have to continue to have my teeth banded shut on the robo-hooks in my gums to help suggest the right bite to my confused jaw.  i'll go back again on monday for another follow-up.

i have upgraded from eating through a big syringe to slurping blended soup through the little space i can make between my front teeth with the bands on.  i'm not super hungry but i'm injesting a decent amount of calories. after one week, not miserable on the diet front, except my brain always forgets i can't eat whenever i see food on tv or in person. i'm like NOM NOM NOM and then i remember it's physically impossible for me to eat and then i'm like, DOH.  this happens many times a day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment