Sunday, November 13, 2011

regression

like yesterday, today was rough, maybe rougher. i slept again most of the day and woke up feeling super sore, like i'd regressed more than a week. my swelling is back up particularly on the one side.  blargh whyyyyy?!?


i resorted this evening to taking one of my hardcore pain pills again and using my jaw bra.  the jaw bra is just an elastic band that has pockets in it for hot/cold packs. but what a sweet name for the contraption.


i still am numb in the center of my face, from my lower eyelash line to my chin.  the one place i have regular feeling is the lower left quadrant of my lip, strangely.  yet apparently this is totally normal, and it can take up a long ass time (like a year) for some people to get all the feeling back.  the surgeon said those big nerves on both sides were not permanently damaged in the surgery, just stretched. so i just have to be patient and in the meantime drool and have food particles stuck my face without realizing. :)  

while i've been sleeping the past two days away, my kitty cats have been chilling with me.  don't know if they are keeping me company or just digging the down comforter i had to bust out.  it's getting (relatively) cold here in the desert at night!


No comments:

Post a Comment