Thursday, December 1, 2011

mac&cheese maverick

three items of interest (to me anyway)

1) tonight i experimented and made some specialty kraft mac and cheese - parmesan alfredo flavor.  my back up plan was to blend it up with some milk to drink but i had another idea in mind: tasting some solid food!  i was able slide in one or two macaroni pieces between my teeth at a time, mash it with my tongue against the roof of my mouth, and then swallow.  it was absolutely fantastic tasting and my stomach was very happy.  technically i should be on a liquid diet through december 9 (6 weeks from surgery) but the reason for the liquid diet is to keep me from chewing and overusing the jaw.  so i think it is ok i cheated because i wasn't chewing. :)

2) i was doing my over-curious googling again and found that the procedure to remove my screws is done without anesthesia (no general nor local) and using a SCREWDRIVER.  whattttttt.  nasty nasty.  i will endure this barbaric act on friday.

3) in better spirits and in less pain today.  if you sent me positive vibes, it must have worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment