Friday, December 23, 2011

eight weeks!

today marks eight weeks from my surgery.  thank goodness i'm feeling great now!  i'm starting to actually officially chew my soft foods with my actual official teeth - and even chomping some christmas chocolate.  :)  also i can brush all the planes of my teeth with a normal size toothbrush.  you know how my joint pain was bad on the one (left) side, well interestingly now its the other (right) side that hurts when i open my mouth too wide. perhaps it's a no pain no gain situation.

slowly but surely i'm definitely getting closer to normal.  it's so slow that i sometimes think i'm stagnating, but then i realize there is steady snail-pace improvement. yes yes y'all.

still definitely a ways to go.  i tried to eat veggie chili with a lot of beans in it but the beans were too tough and big for me to handle.  also i ate some cold tofu salad and then like 12 hours later dislodged a whole piece of tofu that was hiding in back of my mouth.  i was like WHAT IS THIS?  i guess i don't have all my sensations inside my mouth back yet either. still numb in the one part of my lip and chin, and my upper gums.

my spirits are gay, tis the season. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment