Wednesday, February 22, 2012

clockwork

preparing for my trip from el paso to dc and getting back and forth from dc to baltimore is a piece of cake now, i feel like i've done this soooo many times! :D

i forgot to mention that my surgeon told me that the recovery from this procedure is not nearly as bad as some of the stuff i read on the internet.  you evil internet!  i will go home the same day of the operation and i should be well recovered in a couple days.  of course you never know blah blah but this makes me feel so much better about going under the knife again.

my present infection is still there, i can see it a little myself but other people don't see it cause they don't know what normal looks like.  you can feel it if you touch my jawline.  (i forced my coworker to do it haha, because i wasn't sure if i was feeling it from the outside or inside myself, if that makes sense.)  but i am assuming in the next couple days the antibiotics should bring it back down to "normal."

what my surgeon said was that really the infection doesn't go away, it remains on the metal plate, when i think it's gone.  and that's why it keeps coming back and i need to get the plate removed.  the removal date got moved up because the infection came back quickly.  it is logical that it's not good to be on antibiotics  and having a continual infection for an extended period of time.

having gone through such an intense experience for the previous surgery, and after hearing about the much easier recovery for this one, i'm super "meh" about it.  a walk in the park!  am a little stressed at having to schedule all the logistics last minute but everything will fall into place as everything eventually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment