Sunday, October 30, 2011

ugh

day 2 post-op - i'm hanging out in the hotel in b-more with my mom.  hanging pretty much constitutes dozing on and off for 30 min - 2 hours, having a wee bit of water or ensure syringed into my mouth, jamming one of my many medicines past my teeth and down my throat, drooling, attempting to swallow, pacing around the hotel 4th floor (when i ran into people it was sort of funny), sleeping again, etc etc.  my face is really really swollen, and it feels like it's going to explode out of this constraining bandage which i have to keep wearing at least til my appointment with my surgeon tomorrow.  uncomfortable to say the very least.  i have something unexpected happening in my mouth - they drilled in little hook things on the left and right side of my top and bottom jaws that they have put rubber bands on.  this grosses me out more that the entire cuts through my jaws somehow. :)  i can't feel my lips, nose, or chin, and only can feel my cheeks a little.  here's a pic of pathetic me and one of my cutie mom who has been putting up with me like a champ.


No comments:

Post a Comment